First let me say that if you're interested in news & pics of our life in Egypt, please click on the link to Wendy's blog in the upper right corner of my blog. I haven't bothered to post much about Egypt since Wendy covers that MUCH better than I could...she's there all the time & even speaks Egyptian Arabic now!Most recently we spent a few days in Marmaris, Turkey, a beautiful resort town on the Maditerranean coast, just a 50 minute ferry ride from the island of Rodos. We actually flew into Dalaman & enjoyed the scenery during our 1hr 35min van ride to Marmaris...this due to some confusion on just what services an Egyptian travel agent actually provides :) I assumed that when the boss' assistant tells the travel agent we are flying into Dalaman, that means they will get us a hotel IN Dalaman...not the case on this trip! Anyway, as they say, when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade, so we enjoyed a view of the mountainous / green Turkish countryside during the drive.
Marmaris was full of things to do & see. My activities consisted of eating, browsing the many shops throughout town (that provided knockoff products for everything from clothing to electronics) & jogging the excellent foot path that follows the beach / coastline.
View to the north as seen from the top of our hotel. My room was actually ON TOP of the hotel where they had added rooms in what must have once been an atic? Quite nice & offered the best view from the building.

There was much active night life along one of the many strips in town. Resturants, shops & bars were open into the early morning hours...although, I can't say that I was ever out past 11pm :)


The view from my balcony looking south.

Anyone know what type of helocopter this is? Me neither...don't know helos that well, but I think it looks Russian or Czechoslovakian. Anyway, I heard it making a low pass over town & went out on the balcony to find it dumping a load of water on an isolated forest fire that had broke out on a rugged hill side just northwest of town.

Oh, this pic is from a couple trips ago in Rome, but thought it was still worth posting. We were parked beside this Falcon 900 owned by the 80's rock band Guns N Roses. They were in town for a concert that night. Interesting that the plane is registered in Spain...I'm sure there is a story there :)
No comments:
Post a Comment