About Me

My photo
After many years in aviation as a corporate pilot, the Good Lord has guided me on a career path I never saw myself taking. As it was so elegantly put in the movie Top Gun, I now literally find myself "flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog #$@! out of Hong Kong"! Ah, but this is not just any cargo plane...it is currently one of the largest, longest range, most technologically advanced cargo planes in the world...the Boeing 777F!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving in Athens, Greece

I've already posted on Athens before, but since it is our most frequently visited location & because I got a few nes pics, thought I post about it again. We have now spent more than 15 nights in Athens this year & still have much to see in the future.

I figured he had long sense rusted out, but not true...we found Herbie The Love Bug hidden on an obscure side street while walking up to the Acropolis.

Overlooking South Athens from our trek up the Hill of the Muses (West of the Acropolis).

Once we reached the top of the Hill of the Muses (where the monument of Philopappos is located), the view of the Acropolis with the Pantheon atop, was awesome to the east behind me.

View from the Hill of the Muses, looking southwest to the Aegean Sea.

Closer view of the Acropolis & the Pantheon!
The Acropolis at night.


Can you believe all these pics were taken with my iPhone?...forgot the camera in the hotel room.

1 comment:

  1. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY COOL!

    when are you taking me? :)

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete