Our latest trip took us to a place we have been several times over the past year, but I have never posted about. Ancona is a beautiful old port city in northeast Italy, on the Adriatic Sea (opposite side of the country from Pisa). It is a very industrialized city & we continue to find it challenging to find English speak folk in this part of the country :)
After climbing the steep hill behind our hotel, I stumbled upon the Parco della Cittadella. It is a beautiful/peaceful place that overlooks the city & sea below.
Entering the old fortress through this long corridor, I found what appeared to be a slow restoration process of repairing the original structure.
From high atop one of the walls of the fortress, you can see the old lighthouses on the hill across town.
While walking on the many paths within the park, I passed by this neat old building. Unfortunately, I was unable to gain entry :( Walking around behind the building, I found that it is almost entirely covered in foliage.
Along the south side of this building there was a low wall that was also covered in foliage.

Drat! The back door was locked too.
The north side of the building.

Drat! The back door was locked too.
The north side of the building.
Some kind of a Medieval playing field???

No comments:
Post a Comment