About Me

My photo
After many years in aviation as a corporate pilot, the Good Lord has guided me on a career path I never saw myself taking. As it was so elegantly put in the movie Top Gun, I now literally find myself "flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog #$@! out of Hong Kong"! Ah, but this is not just any cargo plane...it is currently one of the largest, longest range, most technologically advanced cargo planes in the world...the Boeing 777F!

Friday, February 26, 2010

A Day in Florence, Italy

Florence like Pisa, is located in the historic Tuscan region of central Italy & was once home to many of the Renaissance writers & artists of the 15th century. On this trip we only had one day to roam the streets...hardly enough time to take in the rich culture & historic significance of the area. I pray that we return for another visit in the near future, but for now I share this small taste.


On the streets of Florence.





Santa Maria Cathedral was breath taking!








The climb & descent of the Duomo of Santa Maria Cathedral...quite the workout & NOT a place for the claustrophobic or those with a fear of heights!



Views around Florence from high atop the Duomo of Santa Maria Cathedral...built 1334-1463 & still the highest point in the city.




1 comment:

  1. REALLY STUNNING! glad you took photos from the top, cuz I'll never go up there ;)

    Love that you keep us all connected

    xo my hubby!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete