About Me

My photo
After many years in aviation as a corporate pilot, the Good Lord has guided me on a career path I never saw myself taking. As it was so elegantly put in the movie Top Gun, I now literally find myself "flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog #$@! out of Hong Kong"! Ah, but this is not just any cargo plane...it is currently one of the largest, longest range, most technologically advanced cargo planes in the world...the Boeing 777F!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Another trip to Athens

This trip to Athens finds us staying at a five star resort hotel on the Mediterranean coast about 45 minutes driving south of Athens city. What a beautiful area with sea water as clear as Lake Superior (& warmer :) I found a small mountain to climb near our hotel, for a better view of the surrounding area & to find much peace & quite that one only wishes for in Cairo :)

View from our hotel, to the north towards Athens.


Wanted to take a raft to this island, but the only raft I have it the emergency life raft for the plane...probably not a good idea :)


This monument was built for the first Greek Commandos, that were trained by US Special Forces back in 1945.
Found a few of these slow moving / quiet climbers on this mountain with me. This guy was about a foot & a half long.


Ah, peace & quiet with a VIEW!

2 comments:

  1. I've got that T-shirt!! What is that 9078' in metres Captain? I love reading your blog, keeping you all and your adventures in my prayers.
    Dougy Fresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dougy,
    Glad you're enjoying the blog. I'm sure enjoying gathering the data :) I pray that all is well for you & your family as well!

    ReplyDelete