About Me

My photo
After many years in aviation as a corporate pilot, the Good Lord has guided me on a career path I never saw myself taking. As it was so elegantly put in the movie Top Gun, I now literally find myself "flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog #$@! out of Hong Kong"! Ah, but this is not just any cargo plane...it is currently one of the largest, longest range, most technologically advanced cargo planes in the world...the Boeing 777F!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another glimpse into Pisa

Since we visit Pisa quite regularly & I've posted on it before, I only took a couple pics this time. Had to show Pisa in the spring & needed to post one of the NetJets hat in Pisa :)

Since the weather was GREAT there this time, we got out of the hotel a lot more. I actually found during my morning run, that the perimeter around the ancient city wall on the north side of the river, is a little less than 4 miles. I've jogged around airports larger than that! It's truly amazing how much they crammed within the walls of these old cities in Europe.

We also found (as expected), that as the weather gets nicer, the crowds get larger, prices rise & hotel availability drops!

Was another great trip to the Tuscan region of Italy & I always look forward to returning!


Here's a shot of what's left of one of the ancient Roman bath houses. In the background, you can see a part of the Ancient city wall. Surprisingly, much of the old city wall around Pisa is still stand & much of that is north of the River Arno, which bisects the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment