About Me

My photo
After many years in aviation as a corporate pilot, the Good Lord has guided me on a career path I never saw myself taking. As it was so elegantly put in the movie Top Gun, I now literally find myself "flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog #$@! out of Hong Kong"! Ah, but this is not just any cargo plane...it is currently one of the largest, longest range, most technologically advanced cargo planes in the world...the Boeing 777F!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mikonos, Greece

Last weekend found us on a 3 day trip to Mikonos, Greece. As of lately, we fly every weekend...good that my family is home during the week when I am :)
Mikonos is a beautiful/hilly island southeast of Athens. There are many waterside resorts scattered about the island. Like most of Greece (especially the resort areas), the days are spent on the beach & the nightlife at clubs & restaurants gets hopping at about dark & continues until around 2am or so...long after I'm in bed asleep :)
Much of Greece is made up of islands scattered off the mainland, in the Mediterranean Sea. As we arrive from Egypt to the south, we begin our descent about over Crete. Here are a couple sunset pics from about 7,000' over some of the islands north of Crete.




Here's one of the locals I met while walking along the rocky coast outside our hotel. This little guy was only about 7" long, but trying to look tough in an effort to scare me off.

Took this video with my digital camera while snorkeling in the Mediterranean.




Early morning by the our resort pool that overlooks a secluded bay about 200' below.

Relaxing by the pool in the evening with my iPod & a glass of wine. I felt like I was watching a movie as the sun set over the bay below & I observed the crewmembers of several yachts, going about their evening duties to secure their ships for the night.
It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment