On our departure out of Cairo, I was able to snap this pic of the definitive line between the desert to the west & the green of the Nile Oasis in which we live. Cairo is located at the far southern tip of this “V” shaped oasis. The Libyan border is about 350 mile to the west, across this vast desert. 
Riding the tram into downtown Athens from our hotel took about 45 min with all the stops.
Here, we are just north of the Acropolis & if you click on this pic to enlarge, you can better make out the Pantheon at the top.
Ah, the beauty of the Lord's creation is again seen as the sun sets over Saronikós Bay, looking to the southwest off the Athenian coast.
Looking back to the northeast toward Athens, from a pier out in the bay.
Got tired of being limited to foot & public transportation, so I bought this Dahon folding bike that I can carry in our plane.
First evening with my new toy, I took a long ride along the coast through Athens. The coastal walkway reminds me a bit of the one in Chicago, along Lake Michigan, except that the skyline is absent of the massive high rise buildings of Chicago & the walkway is not nearly as bike friendly :)

No comments:
Post a Comment